. All the proper safety equipment as required
1. Great comfortable onboard living for four and an ‘occasional’ guest or three.
2. is reasonably swift,
3. sails well and
4. Is seaworthy for blue water.
5. A nice navigation station below deck, with
a. adequate storage for charts
b. navigational accoutrements
c. Weather and wind instrumentation
d. GPS station with link to bridge
e. Marine radio
6. Something with good storage of
a. Supplies of all sorts!
b. Equipment and gear
c. food (Refrigerator AND Ice Box)
d. Chinaware, utensils and accoutrements
e. Hanging lockers for both cabins
f. Good amount of drawers for both cabins.
g. Plenty of fresh water
h. Plenty of holding tank equipment and gear.
i. Generous fuel capacity.
7. Certainly 38' plus in length and say 12'+ beam.
8. Two (or more) cabins plus a center cabin.
9. Must have ceiling to make a 6’4” person not duck.
10. Something 'home-eee', inviting and comforting below deck.
11. Something with nice walk-ability and lay-ability topside to use most/all of the topside deck space as we love being outside in the sun and roaming around a deck.
12. A diesel engine that is efficient and dependable.
13. Two heads.
14. Two showers would be nice but not necessary.
15. Mast/s and rigging that work well and with reasonable ease.
17. Love teak below deck, but must just be nice and uplifting inside.
18. Need plenty of natural light coming in below deck.
19. Need plenty of visibility to the outside from below deck. Must be able to see outside, hopefully around much of the vessel, reasonably well from below deck. Large portlites in main center cabin area.
20. Would ‘like’ to see stainless steel opening portlites in cabins.
21. Hatches in both cabins to deck.
22. Well equipped, comfortable, and functional and uplifting galley area.
23. Love to swim, shave and groom at the stern so it would be nice to be able to facilitate such with a swimming platform (might be willing to give this up for the right vessel).
24. Hopefully a generator in addition to:
25. Solar and/or wind generator.
26. A dingy hoist would be preferable.
27. Radar integration with GPS, Chart plotter and bottom sounder/fish finder.
28. Pulpit with two anchors, one to be a Bruce. Windlass would be a plus.
29. Good deck lighting when needed/desired.